Have you ever noticed that a lot of Christians sound alike when they talk? Christian prayers also all sound alike, because we tend to mimic what we hear others say and pray. Guest speaker Eric Knopf said he had a mentor that really challenged him to memorize scripture. He learned the side effect to memorizing scripture was that he realized he had been praying prayers that weren’t true, spiritually and scripturally. Hear Eric describe how he learned to correct his own prayers and how it may apply to us.
Studies in the Book of Acts: How to Be Effective in Our Outreach
Guest speaker Eric Knopf continues our studies in the book of Acts. Chapter 17 describes the apostle Paul’s ministry in several places. Each place yielded different results. Paul focused on being a slave to all men so that he could win more people for Jesus. Eric summarizes Paul’s key ministry tenets in 5 C’s of effective outreach: commitment; context; conversation; clout; and, character, and describes how those can be practically applied in today’s environment.
The 5 C’s of Effective Outreach
• Effective outreach requires _____
• Light always ___________
• Expect _____
• Your job is not to tell people _________. Your job is to _____________
• When you speak to someone, trust that _____________.
• Engage with people _____________
• Help people ________________
• If you want to be the most interesting person in the room, ________________
• Ask people what they do to _____________________.
• We all have a _______
• Earn the privilege to __
• _______ used well gives you greater _____
• _______ is more persuasive than ___
• People are watching how you __________
• Be the one someone ________________________